Wednesday 21 March 2012

2 STRIPES AND YOUR OUT

Happy mid week to you all! In the south of England the sun has continued to 'keep its hat on' and many Brits, including myself are slowly daring to wear fewer layers. I have also noted that this is the second day in a row that I have opted for stripes, as there just seems the be a certain summery playfulness with the choice of pattern, a perfect choice for our current weather. Another great thing that I love about stripes is that I really do believe they suit everyone, admittedly depending on your size and shape you could be better suited to a striped top rather than striped trousers, but once you've figured out how the pattern can best work for you it wont be long till your sporting the effortlessly chic spring look! Below i've found some of the newly added highstreet stripes. 

Also if you haven't already noticed my pastel obsession from my previous post then you soon will. Yesterday I purchased the Topshop Milkshake (105) nail colour, which looks fairly nice in the photo below, however I cant help but feel slightly let down by this nail varnish as the colour is much more harsh then it appears in the bottle. Unlike many of my other Topshop nail colours, this one is also quite streaky and definitely requires 2 coats. So my nail varnish advice for the future would be to test a nail varnish colour by painting a whole nail rather than just applying a splodge as this will not show up streakyness neither will it give the overall colour effect.
Sunglasses: Thailand   Top: Matalan   Shorts: New Look   Boots: New Look   Nail Varnish: Topshop (105)
Night, night.

LS X

5 comments:

  1. well styled! lovely look.

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andie,

    Sorry for the delayed reply but thanks for your comment, it's always great to hear from other bloggers! Just took a look at your blog now and I have just followed you! Great blog, keep it up!

    LS X

    ReplyDelete
  3. simple and casual I'm following you dear

    Herdiana Surachman
    http://deluxshionist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, great look :)
    Following U

    xo Emma

    ReplyDelete