Wednesday 15 February 2012

BACK...AND IN BLACK

Hello all! My how the past week has gone by so quickly, yet my list of things to do seems to be ever growing. I am hoping to get back into the swing of things with my blog over the next few weeks so please bare with me. Also please feel free to email/comment any suggestions you may have! Anyway onto more fashion related happenings. This weekend I was extremely excited to have the opportunity to put on my best frock and dress up-to the nines as I attended a Masquerade ball. I think the joy of dressing up in our clothes is something a girl never really grows out of, and why should we! Especially as events in which require such formal attire seem to happen very in-frequently in my life, it's nice to have a change from the usual clubbing/going out dress or formal day-wear.

Luckily for me a friends of mine (who obviously gets more invites to these type of events) lent me a masque, which went perfectly with my outfit. As for my dress, nor the hanger or the picture particularly do it justice however I can tell you that when worn, the clingy material and elongated shape is extremely sophisticated ans sexy. Although you can't really see from the photo the dress has a large split at the front, which reveals just the right amount of leg, and the high neck line at front is contrasted beautifully with the open, low back of the dress. In my opinion if you are going for a classy but sexy look, I think a low cut back is definitely the way to go rather than a revealing neck line, that more often than not can end up looking too much or unflattering. I will do a later post that has photo's of me in the dress so you can judge for yourselves.

Dress: Miss Selfridge     Bag: Vintage     Masque: Borrowed

Happy mid-week!

LS X

No comments:

Post a Comment